Pumpkin Massaman Curry
By Caitlin Rooney
This recipe is nourishing and filling – the perfect “comfort food”.
Chickpeas are an affordable source of protein, and high in fiber & health-boosting nutrients such as vitamin B’s, E & K plus calcium, magnesium, selenium & zinc.
Pumpkin is so versatile – high in an abundance of nutrients, such as potassium, magnesium and vitamin C & E.
- Fry 1 brown onion and 2 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste in coconut oil
- Add ½ butternut pumpkin cut in cubes with skin into mix
- Fry for 2 minutes
- Add 1 tin of organic drained chickpeas
- Add 1 tin organic chopped tomatoes
- Add ¼ cup filtered water
- Add 1 small can of organic coconut milk
- Simmer until pumpkin is tender
- Add 2 cups of washed spinach leaves (organic if possible)
- Add chili & coriander (or any other herbs) to taste
- Sprinkle roasted peanuts on top
- Serve with brown rice